Catch the Ace
Next Draw Date:
The Barrie Legion was one of the first to be approved for the Catch the Ace Lottery introduced by the Ontario Government in 2015.
Since 2017, we have had 8 “successful” draws with over $450K distributed to Weekly and JackPot Prize Winners! With the proceeds we received, we contributed over $140K back to other Barrie and Simcoe County charitable organizations including: Special Olympics Ontario; Gilda’s Club (Simcoe Muskoka); The Salvation Army and the Alzheimers Society. We have also used proceeds in support of the Barrie Legion so that we remain a place in our community where we honour our Veterans and our Canadian Military history.
We are now partnering with the Rotary Club of Barrie where we will gain from their experience and increase our reach in support of organizations that serve our community.
Catch the Ace?
Catch the Ace Lottery is a Progressive Lottery.
Each week tickets are sold for the opportunity to select the Ace of Spades from a deck of 52 regular playing cards. Prior to the draw, each of the 52 playing cards were placed in brown envelopes. The envelopes were shuffled and numbered 1 to 52.
When tickets are purchased the buyer chooses an envelope number from a list of available numbers, then enters the number on their ticket.
Each week one ticket is drawn. The holder of that ticket automatically wins 20% of that week’s sales. The envelope number noted on the ticket is opened. If the card inside is not the Ace of Spades the card is destroyed and is no longer available for future draws. If the envelope selected is the Ace of Spades then the lottery is finished and the ticket holder wins the weekly prize plus the Ace of Spades pot.
Each week the Ace of Spades progressive pot grows by 30% of the weekly sales.
Each week the lucky winner of the draw receives 20% of the weekly sales.
Regular draws will be held every Thursday at 7:00pm until the Ace of Spades is found.
_____ won the jackpot totaling $____ by selecting envelope #__ which contained the ______.
PRIMARY: Royal Canadian Legion Br. 147 – 410 St. Vincent St. Barrie, ON L4M 4A6
Watch this weeks’s lucky winner!
How to Play
Pick your envelope and purchase your ticket/s.
Tune in to the weekly ticket draw.
If your envelope got picked and it contains the Ace of Spaces you win the progressive Jackpot.
If the Ace of Spades is not found, the Jackpot grows and a new draw begins.
- The Ticket price is $5.00 each. Some credit and debit cards are accepted as payment when purchasing tickets online at barriecatchtheace.ca
- Ticket orders are not solicited or accepted from persons outside Ontario. The vendor and purchaser of raffle tickets must both be physically present in Ontario at the time the sale takes place.
- Tickets may be purchased by individuals 18 years or older and located in the Province of Ontario at the time of purchase.
- Weekly Online Tickets are available for sale daily from Thursday 9:01pm until the next Thursday, 3:00pm.
- In-person (paper-based) tickets are available from the Barrie Legion Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 12:00pm until 8:00pm and on Thursday 12:00pm until 5:00pm and on Thursday evenings following the Weekly Draw from 7:30pm until 9:00pm (The Barrie Legion may be closed on statutory holidays.)
- Paper-based tickets may also be purchased from designated, volunteer sellers.
- Details (name of purchaser, contact information and envelope # selected) of tickets purchased on-line will be printed onto paper of the identical size, stock and weight as tickets used for in-person sales and entered into the draw.
- A Weekly Draw is conducted at the Barrie Legion (410 St. Vincent Street, Barrie) at 7:00pm every Thursday beginning Thursday, June 15, 2023 and running 52 consecutive weeks until Thursday June 6, 2024.
- One ticket (with minimum required information) drawn each Thursday at 7:00pm.
- Tickets, at a minimum, must have a full name (Given & Surname) and a 10 digit phone number.
Any Ticket drawn that does not include this minimum information can be rejected and a new ticket drawn.
- Ticket purchasers are asked to select the number of an envelope and record that number in the allotted space on the ticket. All tickets purchased will be kept in a container and secured when sales are complete; then transferred to a rolling drum for the draw.
- The designated member in charge will choose the lowest numbered envelope available in the event of the following circumstances:
a. The ticket holder did not indicate an envelope number on the stub.
b. An envelope number is not available as it was previously drawn.
c. Number chosen is not clearly legible and ticket holder cannot be contacted for verification.
- Catch the Ace is a progressive draw. The weekly winning ticket is paid 20% of total weekly sales, plus the chance at the progressive pot. The progressive pot is the cumulative total of 30% of each week of sales up to and including the week when the Ace of Spades is selected.
- A standard deck of 52 playing cards shall be sealed in individual, identical opaque envelopes and numbered 1 through 52. Envelopes will be stored in a locked cupboard on public display.
- Once the Ace of Spades has been chosen, the event and licence are concluded. The remaining cards for that draw will be kept then destroyed 30 days later.
- If winner of ticket is not present, they will be called and arrangements will be made for payment. Winnings will be paid by cheque.
- All draws will be video recorded to ensure raffle integrity. This includes the drawing of the ticket, selection of the envelope, opening the envelope and revealing the card.
- The Barrie Legion Executive and Members of the Catch the Ace Committee can purchase tickets provided the tickets are not in their name.
The Ontario Problem Gambling telephone number is: 1-888-230-3505
DATED: May 29th, 2023